<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/plusone.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar.g?targetBlogID\x3d12953572\x26blogName\x3dThe+Thirsty+Theologian\x26publishMode\x3dPUBLISH_MODE_BLOGSPOT\x26navbarType\x3dTAN\x26layoutType\x3dCLASSIC\x26searchRoot\x3dhttp://thethirstytheologian.blogspot.com/search\x26blogLocale\x3den_US\x26v\x3d2\x26homepageUrl\x3dhttp://thethirstytheologian.blogspot.com/\x26vt\x3d4189559808818470353', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>
Ich bin berühmt

Finally, recognition for all my hard work! I may not be the sexiest man alive, but I've got enough farfegnügen to make the cover of Der Spiegel.

Many of you probably think I do nothing but play with this silly blog. Well, I'll have you know that this is only a hobby. I also photoshop pictures am in great demand for interviews with European magazines. I am very skilled at striking a pose with my finger pointing at my head, indicating great intelligence. In fact, I am so good at it that others are beginning to imitate my technique. Just today, I overheard my two oldest children talking about me. When I looked over at them, my daughter was pointing at her head, and my son was nodding.

"Now, kids," I told them, "I'm not as smart as you think." They laughed. I said, "Really, I'm not!" They laughed again. Kids!

Now, if someone can tell me what Der Spiegel says I'm famous for, that would be a big help. My eighth grade German is a little more than rusty. Thanks.

2005-12-05 at 12:01 AM MT | |




Blogger Carla sayth,

das gehirn des jahrhunderts = the brain of the century

:-)

12/05/2005 3:42 AM  
Blogger Loki Odinsson sayth,

I had that part pretty close, then. What completely stumps me is "aus Gedanken ein Universum schuf."

12/05/2005 2:49 PM  
Blogger Daniel sayth,

"aus Gedanken ein Universum schuf" I am not german, but dutch, and even that I don't speak - but I think this means your thought create the universe or something like that. "Die Spiegel" means "the mirrors."

Clearly your children admire you - blessed are you indeed.

12/06/2005 6:28 AM  
Anonymous Tektoon sayth,

Hi,
I'm dutch too, but my german is a bit more advanced than that of the previous poster

AFAIK,
Der Spiegel = the mirror
Wie Loki Odinsson aus Gedanken ein Universum schuf = How Loki Odinsson created a universe out of thoughts.

12/06/2005 7:40 AM