<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/plusone.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar.g?targetBlogID\x3d12953572\x26blogName\x3dThe+Thirsty+Theologian\x26publishMode\x3dPUBLISH_MODE_BLOGSPOT\x26navbarType\x3dTAN\x26layoutType\x3dCLASSIC\x26searchRoot\x3dhttp://thethirstytheologian.blogspot.com/search\x26blogLocale\x3den_US\x26v\x3d2\x26homepageUrl\x3dhttp://thethirstytheologian.blogspot.com/\x26vt\x3d4189559808818470353', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>
Saturday Stupidity IXX

Three for the Price of One

A pastor had been gone to the Shepherd’s Conference. Upon his return, like Moses descending Sinai, he found that his congregation had built a giant golden “zero” and placed it at the front of the sanctuary. All were present, bowing and praying before the image.

The pastor was devastated with grief, rent his shirt, and cried out in a loud voice, “Is nothing sacred?”

***

When I was courting my wife, I had reached the point where I was ready to ask for her hand, but I was too timid. Once, when I was lamenting my cowardice to a friend, I said, “I just can’t get up the courage. When I’m with her, I feel so small, like I’m nothing more than a little pebble.”

“Well,” he said, “if you want her, you’ll have to be a little boulder.”

***

At our former church, I used to preach occasionally in our pastor’s absence. On one such Sunday, after the service, I overheard one of the members greeting a visitor.

“I’m Gladys Dunn,” she said.

The visitor replied, “Me too!”

2005-10-22 at 12:01 AM MT | |




Blogger Daniel sayth,

Gladys Dunn - you kill me :-D

10/22/2005 12:49 PM  
Blogger Rey sayth,

man, I'm gladys dunn too. LOL!! just kidding. these cracked me up.

10/22/2005 8:09 PM