<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/plusone.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar.g?targetBlogID\x3d12953572\x26blogName\x3dThe+Thirsty+Theologian\x26publishMode\x3dPUBLISH_MODE_BLOGSPOT\x26navbarType\x3dTAN\x26layoutType\x3dCLASSIC\x26searchRoot\x3dhttp://thethirstytheologian.blogspot.com/search\x26blogLocale\x3den_US\x26v\x3d2\x26homepageUrl\x3dhttp://thethirstytheologian.blogspot.com/\x26vt\x3d4189559808818470353', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>
I Hate Television

I hate television. I hate almost everything about it. I hate the majority of the programming, I hate the waste of time, and I hate what it does to people's minds. Remember the Oompah-loompah song from Willie Wonka and the Chocolate Factory? “What do you get from watching too much T.V.? A pain in the neck and an I.Q. of three.” That is my opinion, exactly. Here in Smalltown, USA, we are down in a valley where, unless we put up an antenna or buy cable or satellite T.V., we have no television. That's fine with me. We’ve lived here for over ten years, and have done none of those things. Did I mention that I hate television? I just want to make that clear, because I'm about to link to an article that makes an excellent, highly relevant point via a television program. Here it is:
Making Christianity Better, or Rock N’ Roll Worse?
I still hate television.

2005-08-04 at 1:00 PM MT | |




Anonymous Anonymous sayth,

I really hate television. Remember to ask if he hates television before you agree to get married, or else...

8/19/2005 4:30 PM