<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/plusone.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar.g?targetBlogID\x3d12953572\x26blogName\x3dThe+Thirsty+Theologian\x26publishMode\x3dPUBLISH_MODE_BLOGSPOT\x26navbarType\x3dTAN\x26layoutType\x3dCLASSIC\x26searchRoot\x3dhttp://thethirstytheologian.blogspot.com/search\x26blogLocale\x3den_US\x26v\x3d2\x26homepageUrl\x3dhttp://thethirstytheologian.blogspot.com/\x26vt\x3d4189559808818470353', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>
Links, 07-29-2005

Thomas Sowell has more to say about the selection of a Supreme Court Justice:

The idea that conservative judges will vote for conservative policies and liberal judges for liberal policies is the antithesis of what a judge is supposed to do. While some judges in fact vote largely on the basis of their own ideology or policy preferences, that is neither what they are supposed to do nor what all judges have done.
Judge's 'views'

Yesterday, I stated that I didn't want to continue the abuse of a certain deceased equine, and then posted several links that did just that. Since I seem to be incorrigable in that area, here's another crack of the whip across it's back:

It is perhaps understandable why pragmatism developed at Willow Creek, in that the ‘church’ was conceived by means of a survey. Allow me to let Rev. Hybels explain (emphasis is mine),

“Our teams were sent through the community, asking those people who admitted to being unsaved, why they didn't regularly attend a church. The survey revealed that people didn't like being bugged for money, found church boring, predictable and routine, didn't think that the church was relevant to their lives or they always left church feeling guilty; the Christian message was too negative with the constant mention of sin.”
Whatever Works – Pragmatic Heresy by Jeff Lacher.

This article focuses on Bill Hybels, who hasn't been under a great deal of fire lately, being eclipsed by the success of Rick Warren's Purpose Driven Life.

I would like to draw your attention to the links in the left-hand column of this page, and explain how they got there. I have a fairly strict linking policy. The links you see in my semi-daily posts do not necessarily imply an endorsement of the author or website, but a listing in the sidebar does. As much as I appreciate links, I will not link to a site just because they link to me. That kind of linking policy results in long, meaningless lists. A link in the sidebar means the site is among the top few of those I read.

Having said that, I would like to introduce the latest edition to my links. I have already linked to individual articles on his site. He is Jeff Lacher, and his weblog is called Mindful Wanderings of a Weary Crusader. His writings contain worthwhile devotional thoughts with a historical perspective. He is currently on the "Ungraded Linkage" list (which is no slight), but I expect to move him soon to the "Graded Linkage" list.

2005-07-29 at 11:00 AM MT | |




Blogger Weary Crusader sayth,

Wow...wasn't expecting that! Thanks, and I'll try to live up to the standard that you have set for me...


jl

7/30/2005 12:02 PM  
Blogger Loki Odinsson sayth,

Whoa, I don't set the standard for anyone. Everyone I link to is doing something I appreciate, and can't or don't do myself.

7/30/2005 12:50 PM  
Blogger Weary Crusader sayth,

Well, thx anyway.

jl

7/30/2005 8:16 PM